Astute Medical is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who can fill the role of Office Manager to support the commercialization of its novel biomarker products.
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: General Administration
REPORTS TO: Chief Scientific Officer
Astute Medical, Inc. is an in-vitro diagnostics company dedicated to improving the diagnosis of high-risk medical conditions through the identification and validation of protein biomarkers that can serve as the basis for novel in-vitro diagnostic tests. Astute Medical is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who can fill the role of Office Manager.
Our fast-paced Company needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency, attention to detail and time management. The Office Manager will be responsible for coordination of a wide variety of disparate activities with internal and external stakeholders. This individual must have a high sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain site documents (contracts) in accordance with established system and ensure paperwork is filed in a timely manner
- Coordinate and triage internal facility requests with General Atomics management and Astute’s facility contractor; ensure project completion and receipt of associated invoices
- Serve as site contact for visitors, deliveries, etc.
- Process shipments/mail (e.g., FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- Receive deliveries and notify recipients
- Receive, process and distribute mail
- Assist with human resources admin duties, i.e. schedule interviews, process new hires, onboard, etc.
- Serve as benefits/HR/IS liaison for San Diego employees with bioMérieux Corporate
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of departmental and site budgets
- Prepare internal and external company documents for management, as needed
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries, as needed
- Provide administrative support including ordering office supplies, stocking break rooms, maintaining an organized filling system of paper work electronic documents
- Coordinate and assist with the execution of team meetings and events, i.e. preparing meeting materials, ordering group lunches, confirming attendees, inside and outside of the workplace
- Assist with preparing monthly inventory reports, using Quickbooks. Reconcile inventory reports with supplier records and purchasing documents.
- Assist with general accounting requests, including the preparation and distribution of site invoices for coding and approval and scanning to paperless.
- Prepare site checks for Management’s signature (review accounts payable aging, print and invoice-match checks)
- File accounts payable
- Coordinate accounts receivable (receive customer payments, deposit checks)
- Assist corporate with month end close Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Associate degree required (B.A. or B.S. preferred)
- 4+ Executive Assistant or Office Manager
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- High sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive or private matters while performing job duties and interacting with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, manage diverse and conflicting priorities and projects in an effective manner, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and judgment skills in order to work with many diverse internal/external “customer” groups and disparate projects
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) including ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced computer skills (Quick Books experience essential)
While performing the duties the employee is:
- Constantly required to reach computers and other office equipment
- Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- Frequently required to communicate with others
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to use fine manipulation and simple grasping in order to handle laboratory equipment and to utilize the computer and other standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Frequently required to lift and transport items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to travel to meetings, trainings etc.
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in an office environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Work weeks exceeding 40 hours are required as necessary
Primary Location: AMER-AMER-US-CA-San Diego, CA
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2019, 3:31:27 PM
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular